Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Pink Tea




Today my dear friend Jan and I enjoyed a blissful 2 hours of friendship and mutual encouragement at St. James Tea Room. The atmosphere was splendidly elegant and the service was impeccable. The Tea Room offers a special Pink Tea for Breast Cancer survivors. It is amazing to me that I'm now in my 10th year post mastectomies and cancer. It really seems a lifetime ago that I went through that challenge. And of course I can only thank God for carrying me through it and getting me to this side. I now after all these years see how He is working that trial for my good and His glory. The food was absolutely divine and we enjoyed savoring each bite. We actually took the entire 2 hours to eat through the three tiers. Our waitress had to gently ring a bell to alert us that our reserved two hours was coming to an end. As we stepped out into the sunshine again, a bit disoriented from our time of total relaxation, we thanked God for the sweet respite from our normal routines.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a fun afternoon and beautiful atmosphere. You look so pretty in that pink sweater too!

Danielle said...

That looks how good? D and I have been into tea lately in lieu of coffee, so we appreciate a good tea. Maybe you can take L and I when we visit?

Danielle said...

That ginger-pear green tea sounds delicious. I'm so glad you enjoyed your day. What a treasure that time must have been. L will love to have tea with you there if you plan a party there with her and papa on their visit.--d

Jen said...

10 years? Wow. What a lovely event and beautiful place.