What a beautiful array of colors in these squash. Just like the colors of the fall leaves. I have never prepared winter squash at home except pre-cut butternut. These are butternut, sweet dumpling, carnival, acorn, and amber cup. I invested in a bench scraper as recommended by Cooks Illustrated so that I can safely cut these. Reports and photos as we cook and taste to follow.I bought these on sale at Smiths for 99 cents a pound bringing the total to a over $11!!!!!
3 comments:
Looks good mom. We find that peeling the butternut squash is easy with a veggie peeler and then cut with a chef's knife. I don't know what a bench scraper is, but it sounds cool.
You're the best. Click on my orange link and see how Cooks says to cut these suckers.
I still think my bandsaw would make a great kitchen implement. This lady really knows how to cook.And I love her.
Post a Comment