
Surprise-My kids have surpassed me in blogging now. It's been a long couple weeks since I've added an entry. We're still cold here in NM. I found some daffodils at the Whole Foods and bought a couple bunches to brighten up my winter mood. It worked. A little dash of sunshiny yellow in the front room gives me hope that spring is right around the corner.

I cooked up a big pot of green chili chicken noodle soup today and brought it down to the Ronald McDonald House. I had baked a lasagna and brought it also; then while I was there I baked up some biscuits to go with the soup. I got to talk to a couple of the families staying there. Both had newborn babies in the NICU. They're waiting for their precious babies to grow some so they can take them home. Meanwhile, the families stay at the RMH as they live in the far corners of the state. Having some homemade food is a real treat and nice break from the nasty hospital food. I signed on for Easter dinner, too. I'll see if I can recruit some friends to join me there. I still remember how much I appreciated my 2 week stay in RMH in Cleveland, Ohio 13 years ago. I'm grateful I have the time and energy to help other moms out now.
We are very happy that Cara's video-eeg study, as grueling as it was, revealed some surprising and valuable information that the doctors can use to better treat her. The REM sleep disorder is very fascinating. Easily treated with the right medication; she should find improvement in daytime energy level and hopefully in seizure reduction. Cara's seizure neurologist is referring us to the sleep neurologist at the University Hospital.
My childbirth classes are going well. I continue to enjoy my time there. And I continue to be amazed at God's sense of humor with me. My lifelong dislike for teenagers, my neurotic need for order, my many biases and prejudices are all now being challenged in this work. And I'm grateful for that. I love that I'm still flexible and teachable!
For anyone out there interested,( Jen?, Aaron?), the Ricki Lake documentary, "The Business of Being Born" is now available on Netflix, either on DVD or downloadable off the site. A must see. Spread the word. We've got to get young women to see the truth of birthing and reclaim the process. Where are the women libbers now when we need to assert our right to have our babies our way????
Kids, don't just read and leave. Give me feedback or encouragement on my ramblings.
4 comments:
It's about time! LOL
I've been checking obsessively for updates...I'm not hip enough to do Reader, so I just pop over a lot. Thanks for the update - and nice linking action too ;)
I enjoy reading your posts. Thanks!
p.s. no on the conference? I think I'm going to skip and put the money towards a doula class...it's the first step, right?
hi mommy,
i enjoyed reading your blog.
love you
Hi Mom,
Such great writing I am so touch with all your hard work. You are a great person...
Love always,
Nanci
Great to see you're finding some ways to use your blog as a resource--i.e. birthing empowerment. So if you have some extra time in the next 24 hours, you should consider submitting something to mothering.com. They're soliciting birth story essays, poetry, etc. Check it out. Deadline is Feb. 29.
Post a Comment